COVID -19 Update 1st June 2020
Monday 1st June 2020
You will have heard and seen the guidance update from Welsh Government on Friday 29th May allowing water sports to be added to the list of permissible activities under the current lockdon period.
It has taken the weekend for RYA CW and Port of Milford Haven to develop guidance to allow us to update you on the current situation. At present Neyland Yacht Club and all facilities remain closed. Sports and leisure facilities are being reviewed ahead of the next phase, due the 18th June. Our Covid Response group have been working on policies and procedures to allow us to open up our fantastic facilities in safe manner, once we are allowed. Many of these controls will be implemented over the following weeks and risk assessments finalised and published to relevant parties.
As of today the Notice to Mariners 37/20 has been cancelled and as such, recreation and leisure access is allowed to the haven. This does however come with the restriction that you must follow all social distancing guidelines, and follow the Welsh Government advice, so you must live locally (within 5 miles) of your departure point, and return to same place.
If you do decide to use the Waterway, the RYA and RYA CW have developed multiple guidance for the safe return to boating. We ask that our members take the time to read through the guidance. https://www.rya.org.uk/…/in…/Pages/ReturntoBoatingWales.aspx
The RYA CW guidance is to BE PREPARED, BE CONSIDERATE and BE RESPONSIBLE.
We thank you for your continued support and understanding, and hope we will see you all soon.
NYC Covid Response Committee.